Saturday 3 December 2011

Anyone read these?

This is my first update on here since I've returned from my personal travels to the USA. I don't think anyone reads these any way, but I think it's good to put certain things down for future reference - like when I wake up tomorrow completely sober I'll be like "when the hell did I write this?!?!". Keeps things interesting. So since my return I've done a few reviews and to my delight the subcriber number on Youtube is well over 4,200 now! Amazing. Should be more though, oh yes, so get telling your friends about Shitcase Cinema, Goddamnit! If I become famous I'll buy the first 4,200 people a nice present in the future.
A couple of weeks back I reviewed 1997's action flick Face/Off. Now when I was working on it I was thinking what I was doing was pretty good and I was really pleased with the overall review come the end. Going by a few comments once I'd uploaded it, people were moaning at me for slagging it off. I really wish people would realise what I do/say isn't 100% truth, it's mostly sarcastic and tongue in cheek, although I guess because I'm like this most of the time in real life (out of the Shitcase version of myself) people sometimes take things the wrong way. Shit happens. I enjoyed the review I did, and if I enjoy it, that's all that matters. If anyone else out there enjoys what I do, brilliant.
I'd like to do a shout out to the fans on the Facebook group. As I type this there's over 650 people on there, which isn't that many, and there's even less who probably make the effort to read anything on there and I know for a fact there's way less who go to the lengths of posting comments, so I'd like to praise those handful of regular people who are on there several times a week at least talking about shit films, asking me questions and spreading the love of Shitcase Cinema in general. I salute you. You know who you all are.
I have a really bad film in store for people next week, and as an exclusive for people who can be arsed reading this blog, it is: Revenge Of The Swamp Creature! It's so bad it's hilarious, I enjoyed reviewing it, it's already done and in the can ready for upload, I'm thinking of filming something to put at the end but it depends on what I can think up and if it'll be amusing. For example, for the Face/Off review, myself and Professor Bruce filmed some footage which consisted of myself snorting cocaine (was only flour) and Bruce throwing the DVD of the film across the room in disgust. When it came to editing the footage we'd filmed it didn't flow right nor make much sense. As a result I sadly decided to leave the footage out of the final video, which pissed me off as I'd been throwing flour all over my face! What a waste.
I'd like to take this early opportunity to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year. There will be new reviews between now and the new year but it's best to get this crap out of the way. Zardoz commands it. Do you know something, as a New Years resolution PLEASE send the Shitcase Cinema review of ZARDOZ to at least one person you know and tell them to watch it and watch more Shitcase Cinema stuff. The channel only increases via word of mouth, which I love and I thank everyone so far from the bottom of my heart, it means a lot, but I feel things can only go on and on. I'll buy you all a nice present in the future...or just put the drinks on Professor Bruce's bar tab should we arrange a gathering hahaha!
So my thanks to everyone who takes the time to watch Shitcase Cinema videos, I really do appreciate it and enjoy reading all comments and scary fan obsessed messages on a daily basis. Cheers.
John 3rd December 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Fuck you John!

    But if Zardoz commands? I Will obey!!!

    I will follow the words of John! Because Zardoz has given his blessing!

    All hail Zardoz and his profet John of the shitty films!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete